The 12th Journées Louis-André Gérard-Varet, Conference in public economics will be joined with the 62th AFSE Congress.
The Aix-Marseille School of Economics and the Households in Conflict Network are jointly organizing the network’s eighth annual workshop.
The purpose of the Households in Conflict Network (HiCN) is to bring together cutting edge empirical and theoretical micro-level research on the nature, causes and consequences of violent conflict.
This year’s workshop will have a focus on the relationship between violent conflict and socio-economic development. A key challenge in the research on the causes and consequences of violent conflict remains the identification of causal effects in either direction. Recent theoretical contributions as well as the increasing availability of longitudinal and geo-coded data from conflict settings have provided scope for new empirical approaches.
- Christophe Muller, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille,
- Tilman Brück, Humboldt-University of Berlin and DIW Berlin,
- Patricia Justino, Institute of Development Studies, UK,
- Philip Verwimp, ECARES and Centre Emile Bernheim, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- Uwe Sunde, University of St. Gallen,
- Jean-Paul Azam, Toulouse School of Economics.