The council is composed of:
- The director and research director of Amse, ex officio,
- Leading external researchers.
Amse research council duties and authorities
The council’s duties and authorities include:
- The assessment of the quality of the research output and activities at Amse,
- The advice and guidance on priority research lines and initiatives within the streams of the Amse founding project,
- The supervision of the evaluation process of research applications within the Amse project,
- And advice on academic recruitment in Amse.
The council may resort to external referees to perform its research assessment and supervision tasks.