Aix-Marseille School of Economics (AMSE) is a project combining a research unit (UMR 7316), a graduate school and an outreach department.
AMSE is an innovative and original project centered on the fundamental concerns of our societies. Research and teaching are carefully combined to train a new generation of economists capable of dealing with all the challenges of a world in crisis, capable of putting their knowledge of economics to work for citizens and policy makers.
AMSE research takes three directions:
- Axis 1: economic crises and the crisis of macroeconomics,
- Axis 2: development, democratic transitions, migrations and growth,
- Axis 3: environmental and health crises.
Our aim is to build on our four existing fields of methodological excellence:
- Macrodynamics and quantitative macroeconomics,
- Network theory,
- Econometrics of time series, panel data,
- Big data.
AMSE graduate school is a department of the Faculty of Economics and Management at Aix-Marseille University. It provides world class programs in Economics focusing on:
- empirical and theoretical economics,
- economic policy analysis,
- quantitative finance and insurance,
- econometrics-big data-statistics,
and awards Master, Magistère, and PhD degrees.
AMSE brings together rigorous selectivity, research-based pedagogy, world class support to students, interdisciplinary curricula, strong connections with the business community and international visibility. Our aim is to train a new generation of economists, researchers, professors, and decision-makers capable of addressing the challenges of a world in crisis.
AMSE plays an essential role in disseminating knowledge and providing advice on economic problems. It aims at providing a multi-faceted approach taking three directions: Knowledge-sharing ; Intervention in public debate; Consulting.