Master Economics track research ETE
- Students looking to enrol the master Economics, track Empirical and Theoretical Economics (ETE) who reside in one of the countries affected by the "Etudes en France" (Studying in France) procedure must make a specific request for enrolment in an institute of higher education. If you are residing in one this following 46 Countries, you must follow the "Etudes en France" procedure at the following link: https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etudesenfrance/dyn/public/authentification/login.html?codeLangue=EN; the enrollment procedure is already open and the deadline for sending your file is March the 5th.
- For the remaining countries, the admission procedure is going to open on February the 15th on the AMSE school website.
PhD in Economics
- Application guidelines for students coming from the AMSE ETE Research Master; the application deadline is June 8th, 2021.
Though preferred access to the AMSE PhD program is via the AMSE ETE Master, students with an equivalent Master degree from other universities are also welcome to apply.
- Application guidelines for students from another Master/University; the application deadline is April 30th, 2021.
'On the job' AMSE PhD track
You want to apply to the 'On the Job PhD' track:
- 2020-2021 application guidelines; applications will be considered all year round.
4th/5th year grants
The Aix-Marseille School of Economics (AMSE) funds one-year research grants for external students who will be in their fourth-year (preferably) or fifth-year of PhD in economics in 2021-2022, and about to complete their PhD.
- Call for applications; the application deadline is April 16th, 2021.
Joint supervision applications
Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD Program in a foreign institution. Applicants must hold a Master in economics from an institution that provides a level of training in economics at least as good as that of the AMSE master and have achieved a first class standing in this master. Prospective applicants must contact an AMSE researcher, and must submit to him or her an idea for a research project before applying.
The full application package must be sent to the AMSE PhD secretariat. It must contain the following documents:
- letter of application,
- PhD research project,
- supervision agreement by an AMSE researcher,
- detailed CV,
- transcripts of grades for undergraduate and master degrees,
- proof of enrollment in a PhD Program at a foreign institution.
The application will be examined by the AMSE PhD committee, who may also organize an interview.
Conditional on approval by the AMSE PhD committee, the applicant and the AMSE supervisor must then contact Aix-Marseille University's International Relations Office to set up an international joint thesis supervision agreement. The deadline for this procedure is mid-April of the first year in the PhD Program.
Deputy Director: Sebastian Bervoets
Phone: +33 (0)4 13 55 25 83